Banyak Pemposan : 1446
Reputasi : 0
Poin : 7760
Sejak : 05.12.07
Alumni | Tahun : SMP Bruder 1966
Profesi | Pekerjaan : Wiraswasta
Alamat Domisili : Surabaya. Simpang Darmo Permai Selatan X No.16
|Subyek: ☹Life Tips From Those Who've Been There ☹ Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:30|| |
☹Life Tips From Those Who've Been There ☹
These 40 life tips were collected from men and women 85 or older. Some have
been through wars, others through depressions, sickness, and even
concentration camps. They are a generation that was unlike any other, and we
can all profit from their advice. Even those of us over 85 ourselves,
because these days, it is never too late to get good advice.
1. Drink lots of water.
2. Eat your breakfast like kings, your lunch like princes, and your dinner
3. Eat more things that grow on trees and plants and less things that are
made in factories.
Remember your digestive system doesn't know it's the 21st century, so help
it out by feeding it stuff it's built for.
4. It's always a good time for some TEE -Truth, Energy and Empathy!
5. Walk 10-30 minutes a day.
6. Get more actual games in your life, games that have no gain but the
simple pleasure of playing them.
7. Read more books than you've read last year.
8. Sit silently (without a tv) for at least 10 minutes a day and take time
to ponder things (for some - pray).
9. Invest at least 7 hours a night in your sleep. It'll pay back big time
10. Smile while you walk those 10-30 minutes a day.
11. do not compare your life to thosee of others, it's easy to see the good
but the bad is as well hidden as yours, or better. You have no idea what
their lives are really like or if they are happy inside, get on with yours
12. Don't waste time and energy thinking of things you will never be able to
change. Instead, use that energy to works towards future positive moments.
Make your spouse laugh for a moment, isn't that better than feeling bad?
13. Don't be extreme in any action.Remember that truth is mostly in the
middle, and life is hardly black and white.
14. Accept the fact that you will sometimes lose the arguement, and that you
were wrong. Or if you still think you are right, agree to disagree. Very few
people have ever been shouted into true agreement.
15. Don't waste your energy complaining about people you don't know and
their actions. You have no idea what motivates or what lead them to that
decision. Judging is so easy even 4 year olds can do it. The driver honking
at you might have had a horrible day, or is anxious to see his sick wife at
the hospital while worried about making rent. We only see the behavior,
never the events leading to it.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have what you need, and being envy
won't create more for you.
18. Try to never again bring up your spouse's past mistakes. It WILL destroy
your present happiness, and even being right - just isn't worth it.
19. Life is too short to hate people. You should fear some and pity others,
but hate is a bigger waste of time than any other emotion.
20. Make peace with your past, or it will make short work of your future.
21. No one controls your level of happiness but you.
22. Life is the school, remember that you are here to learn. Problems are
like tests, and the lesson you take will help you solve the next one
23. Smile and laugh more with your entire face, including your eyes. Find
humor when you can.
24. Don't take yourselves so seriously, no one else will!
25. Call your family often enough so they feel like you are walking besides
them in this life.
26. Every day - do at least one good thing for others that really helps them
out. It will make you feel better about your own and later on - someone
grateful will help you when you need it.
27. Try to forgive, it's the hardest thing there is, much harder than hate,
but it's doable.
28. Spend some time with people over 70 and under 6 - it will teach you
patience and empathy.
29. Try to make at least 3 people smile, every day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your concern, since they'll
never tell you! So why bother? Live your life and stop wondering what's on
the other side of their skulls, you will never know the complete truth!
31. Your work buddies won't take care of you when you're sick. Your family
and friends will. Don't let people that care about you out of your life. We
all need help at some point, don't throw caring away.
32. Do the right thing.
The kind that doesn't leave anyone hurt, despite your personal feelings. It
will be worth its while in the long run.
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, sentimental or brings
you true pleasure in life.
34. Forgivness can heal more than you can ever imagine. It can revive
relationships and rekindle love and true appreciation. Forgivness is way to
show strength, and strength is impressive and attractive.
35. Doesn't matter how good or bad the situation is - it will change at some
point. So plan for either and don't lose your head to overjoycing or over
36. Doesn't matter how you feel at this particular moment - get up, get
dressed and be there on time. A good start will help get rid of that
37. If actors can become huge successes in their 70's, you can believe that
the best is yet to come. And if it isn't, then try to create the best for
someone else, it will often be suprisingly great for you as well.
38. When you wake up alive in the morning, don't take it for granted -
39. The biggest secret is that anyone can be happy. But some decide they
won't be and then look for reasons to support that theory. Don't fall for
that!Assume you are happy and find reasons to support that claim! Keep
creating these reasons, and you just might start believing it.
40. Enjoy yourself, every day. Remember, life is just a ride, and you are
shown many different things, some wonderful, other awful. But you always
continue and it is always just a ride. Enjoy it.
"Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think... enjoy yourself, while you're
still in the pink... The years go by... as quickly as a wink..."
Post message : email@example.com
Subscribe : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : email@example.com
List owner : firstname.lastname@example.org
DICKY HENDRA - SMPK 1966